Over the past few months I have had a lot of people ask me what is the best way to convert word and other text files into PDF files. So, in this post we will look at a few online resources that will convert your many word files and other text files into PDF documents to post on the web.
As we all know the PDF file format is very convenient for posting online. The fact that it has a free reader and that it is a self contained application really make this the easiest way for your readers to obtain and look at your documents. Often in school and other areas we create our documents in Microsoft Word and other applications leaving us with the daunting task of converting these to a PDF format. Well here are a few free resources that you can use to easily convert your documents into PDF files.
- PDF Converter: http://www.freepdfconvert.com/ This site will convert: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Images, Web Pages and other files to PDF. Simple to use the free tool does have some limitations.
- PDF Online: http://www.pdfonline.com/convert-pdf/ Like PDF Converter this one is also free. They are offering a Beta version that will convert it right on the spot so you do not have to wait for an email.
- Doc2PDF: http://www.doc2pdf.net/ Like the name says this is an online PDF converter that focuses on converting Word Documents into PDF.
- PDF to Word: http://www.pdftoword.com/ Another free resource that will convert many different files into PDF.
- PDF On The Fly: http://www.pdfonfly.com/ This converter also converts websites as well as text documents.
- Save as PDF: http://www.guardarcomopdf.com/index.aspx?lang=en Convert your files in three easy steps. Be sure to click on the “English” tab since the main site is in Spanish.
- Online PDF Generator: http://www.anything2pdf.com This site claims to convert many different files into PDF files. I attempted to convert various file types and it did do a good job converting them all.
- Cute PDF: http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp This program is a software application that you will need to download to your computer. Cute PDF was easy to use and converted all files I attempted to convert.
- PrimoPDF: http://www.primopdf.com/index.aspx This resource also must be download to your computer but works well and is easy to use.
- Adobe Create PDF: http://www.adobe.com/acom/createpdf Adobe also has a free applications and like the others in this post it is easy to use and converts a variety of file types.
- Docspal: http://www.docspal.com/ This site allows you to easily convert many different types of documents. It is free and has almost every type of document available for you to use. You will want to bookmark this one.
- BabyPDF: https://sites.google.com/site/flashjethome/products/babypdf This is another great site to alter, view and create PDF files.
If you have another resource that you use and it is not mentioned in this post please let me know by posting it in the comment section of my blog.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Create PDFs For Free & Convert PDFs To Word Documents (makeuseof.com)
- Focus on PDF conversion (macworld.com)
- Convert To PDF: Guide To The Best Free Online PDF Conversion Tools (masternewmedia.org)
- 5 Tools To Convert PDF to Word, Excel and JPG (rotorblog.com)
- How to edit Pdf files free without Adobe Acrobat (techmadly.com)
Filed under: Resources | Tagged: Add new tag, Adobe Systems, classroom ideas, classroom projects, Create PDF, Data Formats, File format, lesson plans, Microsoft, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, online environment, online resources teachers, PDF, Portable Document Format, successful teaching, teaching, Web Tool, webtools |