I am often amazed how many teachers assume that students can conduct a basic web search in a search engine. This is a skill often over looked in schools and is the cause of frustration for many students. So many times teachers tell their students to go to the web and research information on a particular subject. Students then go to Google type in a word or two and get frustrated when they can only find a minimal amount of information. This frustration often leads to decreased motivation for the project or assignment. A simple fix to this problem is to teach students how to conduct a proper web search. Here are 11 great search engines that are great at assisting you in teaching students how to conduct a web search.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Sleedo – Search the Web and Donate Rice (freetech4teachers.com)
- Search Isn’t Google (searchenginepeople.com)
- 10 Search Engines For Kids That Help Out Parents With Safe Browsing (makeuseof.com)
- Search Credible – 26 Search Engines in One (freetech4teachers.com)
- Seven Search Engines for Students (freetech4teachers.com)
Filed under: Educational Technology, Resources | Tagged: classroom ideas, classroom projects, Educational Technology, Google, Google search, lesson plans, online environment, online resources teachers, Research, search, search engines, successful teaching, Teacher, teaching resources, technology in classroom, Web search engine, Web Tool, webtools, Wolfram Alpha |